Adult Men’s Residential
Woodridge offers a Level III.5 clinically managed residential substance abuse treatment program for men ages 18 and over. The program is available to individuals referred from courts, corrections, social service agencies, medical practitioners, hospitals and other treatment programs, family members, and to self-referred individuals.
Our Men’s Residential Program is designed for adult males who, because of their specific functional deficits, need safe and stable living environments in order to develop their recovery skills. Treatment is highly structured with activities designed to help residents examine damaging beliefs, self-concepts, and destructive patterns of behavior, and to adopt new, more harmonious and constructive ways to interact with others.
The frequency, intensity, and length of treatment each depends on the individual patient’s needs but consists of a planned regimen of clinical services for a minimum of 25 hours per week. Treatment is specific to maintaining abstinence and preventing relapse while vigorously promoting personal accountability, responsibility, and positive character change in an intense therapeutic community.
- Individualized treatment planning
- Evidence-based practices
- Staff on waking duty 24/7
- Services delivered by multi-disciplinary team consisting of:
- Licensed / certified addiction counselors
- Nursing staff
- Individual and group counseling emphasizing cognitive behavior techniques, life skills training and the Principles of 12-Step Recovery. Groups include:
- Cognitive behavioral groups
- Small process groups
- Drug education groups
- Relapse prevention groups
- Anger management groups
- Life skills groups
- Wellness groups to address co-occurring disorders
- Weekly family program, including family education groups and visitation
- Therapeutic recreational activities
- AA, CA and NA meetings
- Individualized aftercare plans to promote sustained recovery and meet specific relapse prevention and continuing care needs.